Ymca - Review about Disabled Customer Treatment from North Bethesda, Maryland

I just had a humiliating experience at the YMCA at Bethesda Chevy Chase, Maryland location.I am disabled and of low income.

I had returned with info and asked to speak in private and had my information regarding my disability monthly payment on my computer, due to medical circumstances beyond my control, could not print out. Not only did they not allow me to speak to protect my privacy they made no accomadations for my disabilities or medical reasons. They all came out in a public forum so that members of the Y witnessed this and discussing my situation in front of them. Not only was I embarrassed by these employees but pretty sure my rights under the American Disabilities Act were violated.

I was treated not only unprofessionally but harrassed as many, 5-6 employees one by one, none offering to accommodate or help me. What a disgusting display by an organization said to help people. I have been disabled since 1998 and have NEVER experienced treatment like this! I have always been treated respectful, with any help needed.

I have never been to a Y in my life and very sad that there is so many things that could help make me stronger, the staff, abusive.Something needs to be resolved because I will do more than this short complaint.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Disabled Customer Treatment
Review category
Fitness Centers
review #535796

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ymca? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 20 #1147533

Go to a lawyer like i did.

0 0 Reply

Oct 16, 2015 #1049578

I am disabled and had a similar experience @YMCA in Charlotte, NC DOWD location. Please call Alisa (706)350-2550.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ymca. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ymca.
Filing a new complaint about