I just had a humiliating experience at the YMCA at Bethesda Chevy Chase, Maryland location.I am disabled and of low income.
I had returned with info and asked to speak in private and had my information regarding my disability monthly payment on my computer, due to medical circumstances beyond my control, could not print out. Not only did they not allow me to speak to protect my privacy they made no accomadations for my disabilities or medical reasons. They all came out in a public forum so that members of the Y witnessed this and discussing my situation in front of them. Not only was I embarrassed by these employees but pretty sure my rights under the American Disabilities Act were violated.
I was treated not only unprofessionally but harrassed as many, 5-6 employees one by one, none offering to accommodate or help me. What a disgusting display by an organization said to help people. I have been disabled since 1998 and have NEVER experienced treatment like this! I have always been treated respectful, with any help needed.
I have never been to a Y in my life and very sad that there is so many things that could help make me stronger, the staff, abusive.Something needs to be resolved because I will do more than this short complaint.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Disabled Customer Treatment
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It is after 6:30 am and I have been sitting outside the Ashlund facility for the past hour and have seen at least a dozen people walj up to a..."
- "On Monday, May 2nd, I went in the Hilltop YMCA studio for a Step group exercise (4300 Lakeside Drive, Richmond, CA). When I picked up an unattended fitness step from..."
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I have been a long time Verizon customer for both cell phone and home internet etc. All the way from the my dsl days in college until my fancy..."
- "I had good experience buying gift cards in the past. This time I intended to buy a gift cards for my kids to use to buy points online. So, I..."
- "Dear Mr. Greetings ~~ Hello, I just bought a 2016 new MDX almost 9days ago at Norris show room, Ellicott city, MD, 21043 There was small deep rust spot on backside of..."