I just had a humiliating experience at the YMCA at Bethesda Chevy Chase, Maryland location.I am disabled and of low income.
I had returned with info and asked to speak in private and had my information regarding my disability monthly payment on my computer, due to medical circumstances beyond my control, could not print out. Not only did they not allow me to speak to protect my privacy they made no accomadations for my disabilities or medical reasons. They all came out in a public forum so that members of the Y witnessed this and discussing my situation in front of them. Not only was I embarrassed by these employees but pretty sure my rights under the American Disabilities Act were violated.
I was treated not only unprofessionally but harrassed as many, 5-6 employees one by one, none offering to accommodate or help me. What a disgusting display by an organization said to help people. I have been disabled since 1998 and have NEVER experienced treatment like this! I have always been treated respectful, with any help needed.
I have never been to a Y in my life and very sad that there is so many things that could help make me stronger, the staff, abusive.Something needs to be resolved because I will do more than this short complaint.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Disabled Customer Treatment
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Helen An reviewed Snap Fitness Spring Hill. November 28 at 4:33pm · ★☆☆☆☆ Just be careful if u didnt pay ur membership at springhill n using their gym often The owner (..."
- "I am an employee (personal trainer) of Muv fitness in West Columbia, SC and am submitting a complaint on the performance of Lamaria Jamison. She is very unprofessional, uses profane..."
- "Ever since I joined Planet Fitness I was always approached by staff and Manager, Joshua Gass, and asked if I was training people. I responded, "No, I am just..."
- "clowns in Dover De, screwed up my 68 mustang 2 times now because they have no clue to what they are doing i have now spent 3000 for a Maaco..."
- "The bottom rung of the fairly new 10' Werner ladder I had been using literally splintered underneath my feet causing me to fall and dislocate my shoulder. The piece..."
- "Did an online order of two country fried steak. Got to store no banana bread so was offer blueberry bread. Take a look what I got when I open the..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."