1.7

Upon our arrival at the Galloping hill Union NJ site, we were greeted nicely and felt welcomed.The two desk staff had no idea with the Y experience pass was.

The woman was very patient and finding out and asking about how to work the system to input as she said they never received any training. Finally she got me squared away but had no idea how to add my daughter. She said anyway there would be nothing for her to do here because she is 11. The whole purpose for trying out the 7 day pass is so that the whole family can sign up for the club and be active.

Still she was very kind and cordial. So she called the union tucker avenue branch and she expressed that no one at the facility had any idea about the y Experience either. So I was frustrated by this time. I said we would see if we can check out the tucker avenue Y because that is apparently where kids are welcomed.

I was told by those ladies that they weren't trained on the topic and I was the first person to ever present this type of pass. Then we were turned away and told to call during my working hours of 9-5. This whole situation is very frustrating because not one person was familiar with the Y Experience pass. I am completing the experience to hopefully be persuaded into signing up and I can't even get started because the staff wasn't properly trained.

The pass says to present to any of the 4 YMCA and bring ID thats all it says. The first site did print a card but I wasn't able to use it because they didn't know how to process my daughter. It seem like there are some wonderful programs but this was not the type of welcome or experience that I was hoping to have today.

Hopefully maybe the sites can hold a meeting about what the Y experience is.I was told with this pass my daughter can't try out the facility but the facilities are suppose to have youth programs as well.

Review about: Ymca Gym Facility.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Train the facilities about the current promotions. So that in the absence of a manager the process can run smoothly..

I liked: Greeting that i recieved.

Had an Experience with Ymca?

Comments

All that moaning and you didn't even tell us what a "Y Experience pass" is.

Sympathy level = 0